Okay, so the randomness of the children's books and the way they grab them and put them back does not help. Or the way in which my daughter will use books as building blocks. However, I want some bookporn in my own house rather than just admiring other people's pictures, particularly when a search on this topic can pull up some other "interesting" alternatives!
So, in an attempt to achieve my slice of the porn world, I have decided:
- Children's books to be kept on their own separate shelving units.
- Stop buying so many books and try using the library or my Kindle instead.
- Spend the money I have available for books on those a little more special e.g. those I really enjoy, box sets, beautifully designed covers
- Pick up second hand, oldy worldy books that are more quirky, hold character and that heavenly musty, dusty, old book smell!
- Ensure a minimum of one book shelving unit is mine and mine alone and no little hands are allowed to touch!
How do you arrange your books? Do you have a particular way or does any old way suit you?